Blue Mountain Beach won't provide any tall mountain peaks or snow-capped hills. This area of the Gulf Coast gets its' name because of the blue lupine flowers and the very tall dunes. The area is very laid back and provides all types of beauty from the dunes to the beaches. Most of the homes in the area are from the 1960s and include everything from beach cottages to luxury homes.
Outdoor activities are found throughout with plenty of close by golf courses, the Timpoochee Trail nearby and the very rare dunes lakes throughout the area. Many residents enjoy water activities and a number of other outdoor recreation opportunities.
One of the most popular places for diner is Stinky's Fish Camp. This was recently names to the list of Top 10 Places to Eat Like a Local by USA Today. You will find all types of seafood dishes at Stinky's and they always use the freshest ingredients. Other great places to enjoy within the Blue Mountain area include:
- Vue on 30A - Perfect mix of Caribbean and Floridian cuisine and a great view of the Gulf Coast.
- Blue Mountain Beach Creamery - The best ice cream in the area.
- Cafe Tango - A variety of choices found on the menu with many local fish dishes, this is known as a best-kept secret of the area.
- Great Southern Cafe - This cafe provides a raw oyster bar and the famous, "Grits a Ya Ya."
- Fish out of Water - A waterfront dining experience with some of the best farm-fresh cuisine in the area.
- Nick's Seafood Restaurant - One of the favorite spots for locals, this restaurant provides all types of great local seafood.
- For the Health Of It - If you're after something healthy, this is the place for you.
Blue Mountain is known for so many things and certainly provides the finer things in life. Along with the many great local eateries, the Justin Gaffrey Studio is found here, which is one of the best across the Gulf Coast. If you love art, this is certainly a place you have to visit.
Whether you plan to move to the Gulf Coast or you just want to visit, Blue Mountain should be an area high on your list.
12273 US Hwy 98, Suite 204 | Miramar Beach, FL 32550
Office: 850-460-2955 | Fax: 850-807-2999